Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I regret nothing

Dad and I celebrated my birthday dinner at Delius, our favorite restaurant. As per usual, we made reservations for the five course pre fixe with wine pairings. Course number three out of five was a smoked octopus with lemon crushed potatoes, chili aioli, and fried capers. Oh. My. Fucking. God.

First of all, they didn't just serve up a piece of octopus. Oh no. I got a whole freaking tentacle. It was so tender and amazing and just omg. Dad said it tasted like the best camping trip he'd ever had. He was not wrong.



I always feel kind of bad when I eat octopus because they're sentient. I make up for it by only eating them once or twice a year. Dad actually brought this up over dinner.

Dad: You know octopuses are actually highly intelligent?

Me: Yeah, I know. That's why I always feel bad when I eat them.

Dad: Nonsense! They make you smarter!

I regret nothing.

No comments: