Monday, September 20, 2010

Other things that make me happy

So it's the fourth week of classes and so far I've done a pretty good job of focusing on school. Especially considering all the shit that went down during the first week. I'll fill you in briefly, otherwise we'll be here all day.

A couple weeks ago Richard's pancreas decided to go, "Grrrrr! I am an angry pancreas!" and essentially beat the shit out of his insides every time he tried to eat or drink anything. Even water. The paramedics came and took Richard to the hospital, but because Richard is basically the worst patient ever, he went AMA and came home thinking he was all better. This was the moment when his pancreas decided to go, "HAHA! Fooled you, sucka!" and the paramedics were called yet again. Fast forward to a different hospital with Richard actually behaving himself this time and his pancreas finally got a chance to rest for a few days and mellow the fuck out.

One thing that all that stress has made me realize is that we really ought to take a few minutes out of every day to think about the things that make us happy. And I mean really happy. Not just, oh isn't that nice happy, but big goofy grin happy. Things like this new blog I've discovered that makes me laugh so hard I actually start crying.



Or this picture of my best friend with a chicken on her head!


Or this epic music video by Ok Go.





Those are my big goofy grins for today. If you don't have any of your own yet, that's ok, you can share mine. Hopefully one of these has made you smile like an idiot :)

1 comment:

Fickle Cattle said...

I totally get that. Besides, happiness is infectious. :-)

I am Fickle Cattle.