Friday, June 18, 2010

Suddenly, second graders! Thousands of them!

I'm running on about three hours sleep right now.

I knew I'd have to be up before seven this morning, but I really wanted to finish the book I was reading last night. So I finally got to the end at about 1:00 am, which meant I'd get roughly five hours of sleep. Not great, but not awful. Then I went out to the kitchen to get a glass of water and wound up talking to my mom, who was also awake for some reason, for another hour. By the time I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and actually got into bed it was 3:00 am. Mom woke me up this morning at 6:30 -_-

I spent a full day (plus two and a half hours after school) helping kids type Fathers' Day letters, packing away crayons for the summer, and helping Mom fill out her cumulative reports. That's new school talk for updating students' permanent records.

And what do I have to show for it? Bruises all over my legs from bumping into cold, unforgiving, institutional student chairs and desks that only come up to my knees. It's not quite as bad as it sounds considering I inherited my mother's thin skin. Everything shows up no matter how miniscule. I'll get a bruise if I bump into a mattress the wrong way.

I'm gonna go now cause the computer screen is starting to look kinda fuzzy. Time for all good house elves to go beddy bye. Nini.

No comments: