Monday, January 25, 2010

Scholastic update

I just received news that HIS 361 (History of Colonial Africa) has been cancelled. Why am I not bloody surprised?

On the one hand, this frees up my evenings on Tuesday and Thursday nights and gives me less work to do.

On the other hand, I just found out that I need to take HIS 305 (World History For Teachers) concurrently with an early field experience class. This is a problem because state law requires me to have a background check and a TB test before I can go into any public school and get me some field experience. If I'm lucky I'll be able to get that taken care of and still enroll in my field experience class for this semester. If I'm not lucky, I'll have to drop HIS 305 and scramble to find another class to equal at least 12 units. Poor planning skills for the lose.

In other news, I'm keeping the 8:30 am class. It's U.S. History Early National Period. In other words, from the Constitution to the start of the Civil War. The professor is, predictably, crazy. But good crazy. Why does that seem to be the case with professors who specialize in U.S. history more than any other division of History? It's weird.

Anyway, it's one of those classes where you only have a midterm and a final and I actually tend to do pretty good in that type of class. I know how to read for information and I take good notes. So as long as I stay on top of the reading I should be in good shape. The professor also appears to be extremely helpful, encourages question asking and clarification, and says that she will repeat information as often as necessary.

So. Anyone who wants to give me a Starbucks or Tillys gift card is more than welcome to do so. If I'm gonna get up at 6:00 am every Monday and Wednesday I'm eventually gonna need some form of caffeine.

No comments: