Friday, January 29, 2010

D: D: D:

I saw a pelican on the freeway. Actually on the freeway. The storms down here have been hitting the sea life pretty hard and we've been getting a lot of marine mammals and sea birds blown way off course. Poor guy was sitting in the middle lane, occasionally flapping his wings, and looking really disoriented. I called the San Pedro Marine Mammal Center, who transfered me to the Bird Center, where I left a message about the pelican.

There's not much they can do to capture it since it's in the middle of the freeway and it's been more than an hour now since I spotted it. Hopefully law enforcement or animal control or somebody was able to capture it and get it to safety. Otherwise...well, let's just say I'm a realist I know what the drivers are like around here.

Poor guy.

No comments: