Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I think I can hear children crying...

So God's not making pierogis this year.


...yeah.


She's been really, really, sick and doesn't have the energy to make them this year, even if I help, which I usually do anyway.

After a quick search on wikipedia to see if I'm spelling "pierogi" right, I have discovered that pierogi is actually the plural, the singular being pieróg. From now on we shall be using this form. If you don't know or can't remember what pierogi are, click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierogi

Where was I? Oh yeah, the tears of small children. So yeah, pierogi are extremely labor intensive. The dough and the filling are both made from scratch and then you have to chill the dough, roll it out into thin layers, and then boil each individual pierogi once they're assembled. Once that's all done, the pierogi are grilled up with chopped onions shortly before serving. This time of year is usually madness around here and this year God just doesn't have the energy for it.

So instead I guess we're going to bake some cookies. I'm baking my own cookies for Evan and Kyra on top of a couple other things I have to make. It should be no surprise by now that everyone who lives out of state who I said was going to get a Christmas present is not actually going to get them in time for Christmas. I'm sorry guys :( It's been extra crazy around here with Finals and my mom being sick and all. Everyone who's getting presents will definitely get them by Twelfth Night. Except Scott and Eden. Because they live in Canada. And because for some reason the Canadian postal system and the U.S. postal system seem to hate each other.

God just announced to my aunt that she's not going to be making pierogi this year. I honestly don't know how Evan and Kyra are going to react. I don't even know what the three of us are going to eat on Christmas Eve to be honest with you. Usually the only other thing available is some kind of tasteless meat dish and vegetables. It's gonna be a sad, sad, Christmas...

1 comment:

said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.