Sunday, November 22, 2009

I think I found coffee heaven...

Thanks to NaNoWriMo, I have a new favorite place!

The MLs (that's Municipal Liaisons) have been traveling all across Los Angeles this month in an effort to unite our sprawling region and bring NaNos together through a series of traveling Write-Ins. Their most recent one was held Saturday afternoon in Redondo Beach at a place called the Catalina Coffee Company.

Go ahead. Click on the link, check out the photo gallery, have a look at the menu. It's ok, I'll wait here.

Doo de doo...

Did you click the link? Did you look at the photos? Isn't it just so incredibly awesome? I ordered a double café mocha and it was, I kid you not, the best coffee I have ever had in my life. It was, dare I say it, better than Sacred Grounds. It's ok, you can tar and feather me now if you need to. I understand.

But seriously, you guys. This place is made of so much win I struggle to find the words to describe it. Not only do they have coffee, but they have delicious soups and sandwiches and a variety of sweets and pastries. And if that wasn't enough, they are also a used bookstore. Yeah, that's right, this coffee shop is actually the store that my mother has dreamed about opening for 15+ years now. Well, minus the massage and tarot reading in the back. Don't ask, it's a long story.

I'm gonna be out there again sometime soon. This place is so worth driving a measly fifteen minutes. I may even start writing there on a weekly basis. The atmosphere is totally conducive to writing. I may even take my knitting there. It's such a nice place to just sit and relax. I have this strong urge to crochet all my christmas presents there. Oh, and the next time Skeeve and Jerome are able to come down here and visit I am totally kidnapping them and taking them there for coffee/lunch/reading time.

But enough about awesome coffee. I'm sure you guys want to hear something about the write-in.

I was the only one there. Yep, just me and the MLs with their very sweet two month old baby girl (so cute!). I recognized them by their NaNoWriMo shirts and the fact that they had a baby with them.

The write-in started at one and I didn't get there until around three because Helga got all wet and rolled in the mud and God and I had to hose her off -_- But when I did finally get there, I was welcomed by the MLs with an enthusiastic, "Somebody came! :D" Then they gave me a sticker!

I got about four hours of writing time in and managed to catch up to Quizmo. Hopefully I've got enough of a lead now that when she does overtake me it wont be by too much. I've crossed the halfway point finally--woohoo! Now it's only a matter of reaching at least 40k by Thanksgiving o.o

I'm gonna die.

No comments: