Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Well waddya know?

Is that how you spell the folksy contraction of "what do you"?  Because I honestly have no clue.

My files were accepted by the publisher!  Yaaaaay!  This means I get a free proof copy of what I have so far and I can make the novel ready for sale when I'm good and ready.  Or I can always send my future revised proof copy to the grown up publishing companies and see if they want it.

Anyway, this is still the first draft of my novel and a lot of it is preeety ugly in my opinion.  The story is there, the characters are good, but the writing itself needs some more finessing before I'm ready to show it to anyone outside of my close circle of friends.

I probably would have waited on the proof copy if it wasn't for the fact that NaNoWriMo let me do this for free.  And when I say free, I mean really free.  They even payed for shipping!  I should get my novel by the end of the month whereupon I'm sure I will promptly read it and cringe.  First drafts are always like that.

The working title is By Yonder Blessed Moon, taken from the balcony scene in Romeo and Juliet.  I don't know if t will stick or not, but most of the people I've talked to seem to like it.  So that's what it is currently.  Unless I find a more appropriate Shakespeare quote to use.

This is so much fun ^.^

No comments: