Sunday, June 14, 2009

Stuff!


Guess what I got?  A new camera!  It's an Olympus FE-5010, the closest thing I could find to my old camera and so far I'm pretty happy with it.  I like the Olympus brand in general.  Plus, this one's blue! ^.^  You can't really see it in the picture, but just trust me, it's blue.

And you know what else is blue?  My new car!  Now that I've got a new camera I was able to take some pictures of her.  All my cars have been female, by the way.  You know, like boats and other vessels.  I really like blue, have I mentioned that?

Well here she is.  Right now I'm calling her The Selkie's Successor because she doesn't have a name of her own yet.  It'll probably take me a month or so to really get a feel for her personality.  Few people know this, but the Selkie was originally named The Lady Blue after a character from Piers Anthony's Apprentice Adept series.  Then one day I was taking Skeeve home and the door made an squeaky sound when she opened it and Skeeve said it sounded like a seal.  From that moment on the car became The Blue Selkie.  

This one is a darker shade of blue than the Selkie, but it's still sparkly when you get up close.  Here's another shot from the front.  I don't have license plates yet because when I got the car it only had one plate on it.  Apparently the dealer wasn't aware of this so when I pointed it out they took the one license plate off and said they'd send me new plates and the registration within a month.  It also didn't come with floor mats, so they gave me some brand new ones.  They don't quite match the upholstery but considering they go on the floor, I'm not really complaining.

I'm considering naming her something Princess Bride related because she comes equipped with her very own Pit of Despair ®.  What?  You think I'm kidding?  Well look at this.

This is the armrest center compartment thingy that sits between the front seats.  It is a veritable bottomless pit.  You can barely see my cell phone charger at the very bottom.  It's kind of creepy.  I'm not gonna name her Buttercup because that would be too easy and I'm not gonna call her the ROUS cause that's just weird.  I'd still like to stick with something marine mammal related to tie in with The Blue Selkie but I guess we'll see.  I'm sure something from Princess Bride will make it in there somewhere.

The dash is pretty cool.  It looks kind of retro, which is neat.  My only complaint is the 6 and the 8 look pretty similar as a result.  But it also has an iPod hookup, woohoo! 

 The trunk of course is huge.  you could fit, like, four bodies in there easy.  Oh...heh, sorry.  We Sicilians tend to measure trunk space in bodies rather than square feet.  So much more practical.  Anyway, it'll come in really handy if Evan, Kyra, and I decide to take my car to Oregon next summer.  Though I'm sure we'll be comparing both my and Evan's car as far as best mileage and most trunk space and decide which of our cars to take based on that information.  I'll keep you guys posted on how that develops because a road trip with my cousins would be awesome.  If we can pull it off.

I also went to the mall yesterday and got a new swimsuit for the cruise.  I showed it to God when I came home and told her it was for the cruise and she looked at me like I was nuts.  It wasn't until I said "indoor heated swimming pool, Mom" that she finally went "Ohhhhhh!"  The ship has two or three swimming pools and as far as I know they're all climate controlled.  Like I'm going to go swimming in the Alaskan ocean with the puffins and the polar bears.  Geeze, Mom.

So that's about all the news I have for now.  And since this is Sunday, I bring you the very first picture I took with my new camera.  It's Rob, wondering what on earth I'm doing with that little clicky box.  He thinks the camera is alive or something.  He always barks at it when I try to take his picture.

No comments: