Monday, June 1, 2009

Publishing is scary o.o

Well, I submitted what I have of my novel so far.  It's 18 chapters, it's incomplete, and it needs a lot of editing but I submitted it anyway because I'm not planning on making it available for purchase and I just wanted to have a paper-bound copy of something I'd written.  I ended the last chapter with "To be continued..."  I'm maybe 3/4 of the way to being done.

I had some trouble getting the formatting right, so I don't even know if it'll go through.  I'm supposed to hear back from the company within 24 to 48 hours but by that time my NaNoWriMo code will have likely expired.

I believe NaNoWriMo is awarding the same prize next year and I will definitely be participating again.  So there's always next year if this doesn't go through.  Still, it was fun and I'm working on completing the novel as a whole, at which point it will most definitely be up for publication again.

I keep checking my email constantly to see if they've emailed me back yet.  I'm compulsive, so sue me.

No comments: