Monday, May 4, 2009

I still aten't dead

August 2006-May 2009

Dear Blue Selkie,

 I’m sorry I got you into an accident on the freeway coming home from the RenFaire last night.  I’m not exactly sure what happened.  There was an accident in the next lane over.  The guy in front of me slowed down and stopped for no apparent reason.  I braked, but not soon enough, and we smashed right into the car in front of us. 

Thank you for keeping me safe.  Thanks to you, I didn’t break any bones and I walked away without any serious injuries.  I’m going to be sore for a while, but I’m ok and I’m very lucky that you did exactly what you were supposed to do to make sure I didn’t get hurt.

 Thank you for all the adventures.  We had some really good times together.  Remember when we drove down to San Diego with Skeeve, Eden, and Jerome so I could observe the bonobos at the San Diego Zoo for my anthropology class?  Remember how we all laughed because Jerome had to pee really bad?  We got off the freeway and had to drive around forever until we found a bathroom at this public park in the middle of nowhere.  That was absolutely hilarious.

 I will never forget you.  You were the best.  Thanks for taking care of me and making sure I’m still alive.

 

~Livia


I would also like to say thanks for the fifty-millionth time to the California Highway Patrol.  You guys were all extremely nice to me and constantly checked on me to make sure I was ok.  Thank you again for all your help.  You guys were awesome.

2 comments:

Quizmo said...

Oh my God, Livia! How scary and awful for you. I'm super glad you all are all okay.

Yes, thank you little Blue Selkie!

(You're making it sound like your savior is going "bye-bye." Is it going "bye-bye?" Poor thing.)

ksaldria said...

It may well be. God and Richard don't think it's reparable. The insurance company is going to send someone out within a couple of days to look at it so I guess we'll see :/