Tuesday, November 11, 2008

National Novel Writing Month


I know, I know. I haven't been around for a while. What gives, you ask? Well, the truth is I've been consumed with this thing called NaNoWriMo. It's short for National Novel Writing Month. This thing is actually world wide and the objective is to write 50,000 words (roughly 150 pages) in the month of November. Starting November 1st and ending November 30th. If you make it to 50,000 words you win. That's it. You just...win. You get a certificate and the right to claim that you have written a novel.


You get an encouraging email from a published author that supports the site every week to keep your spirits up. Among these authors are the well known Piers Anthony and Phillip Pullman. Yeah, it's pretty cool. I'm doing this mainly so I can start writing something and actually finish it. NaNoWriMo is all about getting people to write. It doesn't have to be good, it doesn't even have to make sense. It's all about adventure and the joy of writing. I'm currently around 13,500 words which is the most I've ever written consistently ever.


Actually, I'm a little behind in my quota. It's day 11 of NaNoWriMo and I should be closer to 18,000. So I'm gonna go back to writing now. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm not dead. I'll get a real blog post about Bats Day up as soon as I catch up on my writing.

No comments: